Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cantaloup vs. Reality

I came home tonight to find on the table a cantaloup straight from the garden--the sweetest, freshest, juiciest cantaloup I have ever tasted--and it could not have come at a better time. I made it through the first week of classes with plenty of energy and optimism, but yesterday, I hit the wall named Reality and came home feeling flattened.

So we took a walk and looked at red-tailed hawks and saw an oriole, which helped a little, and then today I went out to lunch with a person who can be relied on to cheer me up, which helped more, and then I stopped by for a chat with someone I rarely see, which helped even more, and then I came home and found that cantaloup. In a one-on-one smackdown between the cantaloup and Reality, the cantaloup wins.

Still, I'm taking ome leftover cantaloup to campus tomorrow just in case Reality once again rears its ugly head.

No comments: