Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Take two gigabytes and call me in the morning

While I've been on break, the computer at my office has been very busy sending out e-mails with nasty viruses attached. Every day I get a few bounced messages that look as if they came from our departmental listserv, except they're spam messages containing viral attachments. I certainly never sent them out and my home computer is pretty well protected, but when I ran the regular virus check on my office computer the other day, it came up with a message saying it was infected with a virus that could not be removed or quarantined. I have alerted the IT people to this problem, but apparently they're on break too. They'll get to it eventually, but meanwhile, I just want to issue a public apology: if my computer sent you anything nasty, please accept my condolences. And if you feel the need to take a few whacks at my computer with a sledgehammer, you'll have to stand in line.

No comments: