Sunday, July 30, 2006

Reader challenge: postcards from the edge

The sound you are about to hear is among the loveliest in the universe, but if you're not paying attention you'll miss it:



There. Did you hear it? You'd better get used to it because it's all you'll hear from me for the next few days.

Yes, we are going away. Some of us, anyway. My summer class is done and I have a week to relax before I need to work on fall classes, so the he-man and I are easing on down the road and not taking the laptop with us. Or the children. Let us not forget to forget the children.

Any loyal fans suffering from withdrawal are invited to engage in a vacation-related reader challenge: imagine that your travel agent has accicentally sent you on the Vacation from Hell; your challenge is to write a postcard message designed to make your friends and family envy your amazing luck. Use no more than 50 words, please, and you get extra credit if the message is in verse.

No comments: