Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lead us not into temptation...

I'm sitting in a classroom full of students who are busily scribbling on my last final exam of the semester (yes: it's the final final!), but it's not my usual classroom. A colleague and I switched rooms so I could put some space between students, some of whom have roaming-eye problems.

All their cell phones are sitting on the desk in front of me. (At least I hope that's all of them.) It's an early exam, so I brought in juice and muffins so no one will quit early because of hunger or refer to notes written on their own water bottles. And I asked a male colleague to make a sweep of the nearest men's room in case anyone has stashed a cashe of helpful notes or texts in there.

My students may think I'm cruel, but the way I see it, I'm taking these security measures to help them avoid temptation. They should thank me! (Dream on.)
 

No comments: