Monday, March 13, 2023

Not the zombie apocalypse

This morning my campus appears to have been struck by the zombie apocalypse: people are dragging themselves around like the undead in search of fresh brains, but all the brains in evidence seem clouded and confused. 

Or maybe it's just me. The combined impact of spring break, the time change, and a head full of congestion have left me feeling as if I'm in the middle of a silent film running in slow motion. I spent yesterday sitting around surrounded by a great cloud of kleenexes and the congestion kept waking me up in the night, but today I feel almost human. 

Almost. It's going to take a lot more than antihistamines and caffeine to bring my brain back into clear focus. Good thing I have only one class today, followed by what should be a short and simple meeting, then home to an early bedtime, which probably won't prevent the all-day headache that generally hits precisely 48 hours after each time change. (Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?)

But here I am back in the office ready to tackle whatever I can manage considering the circumstances. If you stumble upon any fresh brains, please send them my way.


No comments: