Saturday, April 23, 2022

Wildflower walk, blurred but beautiful

The camera and the eye see the world differently, I keep telling myself, but it's never been more apparent than it is right now. Cataracts are clouding my vision to the point that I've lost my confidence in what I'm seeing. I sit down to edit photos and I can't tell whether the fuzziness I'm seeing is in the photo or in my eyes, and the colors look washed out but I can't trust myself to enhance them because I fear I'll go overboard. The good news, though, is that I have an appointment with the cataract doctors in two weeks, when I'll undergo extensive testing to find out whether my cataracts have reached the level where our insurance will pay to remove them. If not, I'll keep seeing a washed-out world, keep second-guessing all my photos. But that doesn't mean I'll stop venturing out into the woods to see what I can see--and wonder what I can't.

 












No comments: