Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Making tracks

In the winter woods, sunshine hits the snow-frosted tree limbs, causing a steady dripping on the snow below and leaving behind a filigree of ice on the tree. All sounds are muffled: brittle oak lives shifting in the breeze with a sandpapery sound; water from a drainage pipe dripping onto creek ice with a metallic clink; boots brushing through soft snow saying shh--shh, shh-shh. 

I didn't go to campus today, obviously. Didn't even try. Yesterday's snow was more abundant than expected so coming home last night was an adventure that I didn't really feel like repeating today, and I don't have classes today anyway so why bother? True, I'm missing my office hours, but in the grand scheme of things, office hours are not worth risking one's life for. So I'm working from home and spending some time enjoying the snow, which is much prettier when you don't have to drive in it.









 

 

 

No comments: