Saturday, August 08, 2020

Some updates and a brief celebration before panicking

My birding-and-botanizing buddy has provided identifications for some wildflowers I didn't recognize last week:

Partridge-pea, or Chamaechrista fasciculata

Heal-all, or Prunella Vulgaris

Hairy Ruellia, or Ruellia Caroliniensis
 

Also, my colleague the dragonfly expert has identified this as a Tiger Spiketail, rarely seen in Ohio (only two confirmed sightings this year):

 

Finally, and here I demonstrate my highly developed ability to bury the lede, this morning I finally submitted the full draft manuscript of the comedy text to the editors, which gets that massive project off my back just in time to allow me to panic over how unready I am to start teaching in a week! Right now I live in this odd environment of mingled panic and pride; I don't know whether to jump for joy or tear out my hair, which would certainly solve the haircut dilemma. But for five minutes I'll allow myself to celebrate: woo-hoo it's done! There will be plenty of time to panic after that. 

No comments: