Monday, August 26, 2019

Early-semester wish list

Only two days into the semester and I really need a nap, but no: what I really need is a pair of shoes I can stand in all day without joint pain, but no again: what I really really need is a virtual avatar that can go into classes for me while I control it from home where I'll sit and "teach" in my pajamas and slippers so I won't have to worry about whether my feet hurt or my shirt needs ironing or whether I can find earrings to match my outfit, but even that won't solve the problem of meetings so what I really and truly need to survive this semester is an emotional support wolverine trained to attack anyone who utters certain words in my presence, like assessment or engagement or Friday afternoon meeting, and if my emotional support wolverine can be trained to snarl viciously anytime a student asks a question that is clearly and obviously explained on the syllabus, then this semester may be survivable. But until all that happens, I guess I'd better just grit my teeth and get to work.

 

2 comments:

LJL said...

I want an emotional support wolverine for Christmas.

Bev said...

You and me both.