Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Lost amongst the little people

Someone asked whether I'm on hiatus, and the answer is...maybe. I'm enjoying having a whole mess of small people in the house (but it's a happy mess), changing diapers, living on macaroni and cheese, remembering to carry all kinds of extra stuff every time I leave the house, listening to soothing lullabies even when I need to stay alert (like while driving through the most boring part of the Ohio landscape), stepping over plastic toys everywhere (including the bathtub), coloring, reading books aimed at a toddler's attention span, answering impossible questions, and trying to keep the chaos to a minimum. I've been doing a little bit of course prep while small people are otherwise occupied, but there's not much time or energy left for anything that requires deep thought. Today my primary concern is what to do if the rain spoils our picnic lunch, and who wants to read about that? I'm not really focused on communicating with anyone over the age of six, which makes it hard to think about blogging. So I'm not. Much. If you want to call that a hiatus, go right ahead.

But maybe you'd rather look at photos from our visit to a pollinator habitat!











  

No comments: