Friday, September 12, 2014

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the classroom

I've been spending the week visiting 8 a.m. classes to observe my colleagues' teaching, and this morning I was a bit less bright-eyed and ready to learn than I had been at the beginning of the week--but so were the students in the class. Their energy level was low. They weren't jumping into the class discussion with enthusiasm. They appeared to be barely awake, which I can certainly understand. We may spend our days (and nights) differently, but we all arrive at the end of the week feeling slow and stupid. 

But here's the thing: when the professor handed out the take-home exam at the end of the hour, I just smiled and walked away. Because guess what? I don't have to take the exam! Yet more evidence, in case we need it, that being a professor is WAY better than being a student.

Here's more:

I take no tests,
receive no marks
in scarlet ink,
don't have to park
my car where angels
fear to tread.
I don't approach
a book with dread
or totter under-
neath the weight
of backpacks (stuffed).
Love my roommate!
I'll never do
a Jello shot
or argue whether
some dude's hot--
but best of all,
they never send
tuition bills 
to me. (The end.)

Anyone else want to give it a try?

No comments: