Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hiding in plain sight

All week my husband has been walking past the presents piled under the Christmas tree without noticing the distinctive shape of one of his gifts,  but once he held it in his hands, there was no mistaking the heft of the wood-splitting maul.

First prize for holiday cluelessness, though, goes to me: I've been complaining for months about how bare the bar in front of the picture window looks since a bunch of our hanging plants died, but I sat in that room for at least an hour this morning without noticing two big new plants. I might never have noticed them if someone hadn't pointed them out.Which goes to show, I suppose, that sometimes the best place to hide a gift is right there in plain sight.

Merry Christmas to all! And may the new year be full of unexpected blessings!


No comments: