Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just one stupid thing after another

Juncos arrived Saturday so naturally snow arrived this morning, creating a slushy, slippery mess all over the sidewalks and roads, making this a really bad day to be wearing high heels--but considering the progression of stupid moves I've made over the past few days, the Imbecile Footwear Fiasco was just par for the course. In a mere 24 hours, I have:

  • Driven home without my purse on a day when I needed to pick up groceries along the way.
  • Driven home without my books on a day when I needed to spend the entire evening prepping for the next day's classes.
  • Tottered out to the car in the snow on high heels in the pitch blackness of the early morning so as to get to campus by 6:30 a.m. to prep the classes I couldn't prep the night before due to lack of books.
  • Walked to the bank to deposit a check at 8 a.m. even though the bank doesn't open its doors until 8:30 so that the only way to deposit the money that would prevent my account from being overdrawn was to walk up to the drive-up window on foot--in the snow--in high heels.
  • Opened the driver's side window of my car in order to pick up the mail (which my husband had already picked up), remembering too late that while that window may open without much trouble, it really does not care to close (and a new motor costs $276 so don't even suggest it).
That's about enough stupidity for one day, don't you think? Tomorrow everything will be better--or if not, at least I'll face tomorrow's slings and arrows in appropriate footwear.

No comments: