Friday, October 03, 2014

Butts in the seats, minds on the highway

My students are writing an essay exam and I ought to be grading papers but my  mind is already racing down the highway to my daughter and son-in-law's house where I'll spend the weekend having a blast with my adorable granddaughter, so I'm torn. On the one hand, fall break is upon us so I'm breaking free to spend four days doing anything other than teaching; on the other hand, midterm grades are due soon and at the end of today I'll have five sets of papers or exams to grade. This calls for some doggerel:

There was an old prof who neglected
to grade, although students expected

their grades to appear.


By the end of the year,
the prof's "employed" state stood corrected.

(So yeah, I guess I'd better grade those papers.)
 

No comments: