Friday, September 25, 2026

Friday poetry challenge: Color my world

I was mesmerized yesterday by the iridescent pink-and-purple blades of the scissors wielded by the woman cutting my hair, a stylist I'd never seen before, adorned in pink blouse, pink sweater, pink-and-gold hair, and gold lip studs, who moved those satiny pink blades so slowly and smoothly that the motion nearly put me to sleep.

They reminded me of the highway I'd driven on that morning, a pink-and-purple swath of road that looked as satiny as a bridesmaid's dress, the wet road reflecting a sky painted in soft hues of yellow blending into pink and then mauve and then deep purply gray. It was so lovely I wanted to stop and take a photo, but before I could pull over the gray clouds shrouded all the colors and the whole world turned to drizzle.

I'd like to thank whoever was responsible for injecting such beautiful colors into a gray and cloudy day, but instead I'll squeeze my gratitude into a little haiku:

Pink blades snip, pink road 
slips past; light pours color on sky,
blessings on the day.

What colors light up your world this week? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little YELLOW butterflies ~ they seem to be everywhere right now! 💛