Thursday, September 07, 2017

Floaty foamy fun

I got to town early this morning and went downtown to look at the boats moored along the riverfront in anticipation of this weekend's Sternwheel Festival, and while I enjoyed the boats and the sunrise and the early-morning walk along the river, I found myself fascinated by another sort of floating vessel entirely.

Someone had dumped detergent in the downtown fountain, creating a mountain of foam that birthed foambergs and foamclouds and foamghosts that went floating through traffic and all along the riverfront. Foamghosts embraced fences while foambergs went barging into traffic without waiting for a crossing signal, and a little foamcloud floated up Front Street just above the roofs of cars.

I feel some sympathy for whoever is responsible for cleaning up the foamy mess, but I confess that I enjoyed watching the floaty foamy clouds cavorting in the morning light. Don't begrudge them their fun--they'll dissipate into nothingness long before the sternwheel races, and they'll miss the fireworks and funnelcakes entirely. Foam life may look like a breeze, but it doesn't last. 

So float on, foam. Float on. 








1 comment:

Aaru Garg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.