Tuesday, March 07, 2017

A totally meh Monday

I want to call yesterday The Mother of All Mondays, but I'd just be tempting fate to slap me down with a Monday to blot out every awful Monday ever: You think that was a bad Monday? I'll show you how bad Monday can be!

And what do I have to complain about, anyway? So the weather was bad and all of us with barometers for brains were suffering from the same dull headache. So I couldn't get my words to work right in class and kept stumbling against the desk while fumbling for the right page. So I left my keys in my office--not my car keys, which are on a separate ring, but the key ring holding my office and house keys, which I did not realize I'd left behind until I was standing at my front door unable to get in out of the rain, and the door that is normally so loose that a stiff breeze can blow it open chose just that moment to refuse to budge, and the credit-card trick that usually works just destroyed my credit card without opening the door, and, to top it all off, nobody had accidentally left any of the other doors unlocked, which is pretty unusual because normally at least one of us can be counted on to go off and leave half of the doors unlocked and the lights blaring like neon signs saying "Welcome burglars! Come on in!" (Not that they'd find anything worth stealing.)

So as much as it felt like The Mother of All Mondays, it was really kind of a meh Monday: annoying, but not quite bad enough to merit superlatives or inspire rants. It was the Rodney Dangerfield of Mondays: just can't get no respect. But here's the good news: the next Monday I meet will occur during Spring Break! No one can say meh to that kind of Monday.  

No comments: