Thursday, November 10, 2016

Carrying on through the fog

Anyone want to talk about the weather? It's still out there, doing its daily thing. Hey, how about that fog this morning?

[Tap, tap--is this thing on?]

What about baseball? Sure, the season's over, but my guy Francisco Lindor got a gold glove! When will I be able to get a Lindor bobblehead to stand beside my Omar Vizquel? My team may have lost in the end, but there's always next season!

[Crickets.]

Let me tell you about my grandkids!

[Chirp, chirp.]

Okay, I've got nothing. Nothing to say about the election, and no words sufficient to comfort the student who fears for his family's safety at a time when anti-immigrant rhetoric has been blessed by the masses. I can't even listen to the radio without wanting to yell. I'm just trying to keep calm and carry on through the fog. (Even if I can't find the words to talk about it.)

1 comment:

Bardiac said...

It's hard right now. I have nothing public to say. I'm sort of numb with despair, and the more I think, the more despair fills me.

Just trying to get by now, day by day. And also, realizing that there are people in a whole lot worse situations than I'm in, and trying to be helpful where/how I can.

/hugs