Thursday, May 15, 2014

Grandbaby time!


A year ago today at about this time I was sitting in a hospital waiting room eagerly awaiting the arrival of my adorable granddaughter; today I watched her toddle around the yard patting gently on iris blossoms and squealing in excitement over pinecones and dirt. 

What a year! What a baby! What a great time to be a grandma! We'll celebrate with family on Saturday but meanwhile I'm enjoying some girl time with my daughter and granddaughter, my two favorite girls in the world. There's nothing more exciting than the joy of discovery, even if what we're discovering is that flowers are soft and dirt may be good for playing but it's not so good for eating. There's a great big world out there, kid! Let's go play!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still objectively adorable!

Bev said...

Isn't she, though? Joy of my life!

radagast said...

Yep. Nothing better than grandkids. So sweet.