Monday, November 21, 2011

Now it can be told! (Well, some of it...)

It's hard to write when I've been inundated with good news but commanded to keep silent about some of it, but here are the bits I am permitted to shout from the housetops:

1. Two years to the day after my final round of chemotherapy, all my tests came back clear. No sign of recurrence! And I've been cleared to get my port removed! Hurrah!

2. A recent job interview went well so my husband will soon be able to give up his booth at the Farmers' Market. Many of his customers will be unhappy, but we're looking forward to a time when he can sleep more than a few hours a night, escape constant back pain, and enjoy an occasional day off with the family. Hurrah again!

3. I've finally figured out how I want to celebrate my 50th birthday. I'm not big on birthday parties, but how about gathering a bunch of friends and family in a nice location on a lazy afternoon with munchies and a bunch of board games? Scrabble, Apples to Apples, Bananagrams, Monopoly--that's my idea of a good time! I realize that others may not enjoy a board-game party, but hey, I'm the one with the big birthday, and anyone who doesn't like it can stay home. Hurrah once more!

That's a lot to be thankful for, but that's not all. It's just all I can talk about. For now.

How about one more big hurrah?!

4 comments:

Bardiac said...

That's great news!

I celebrated my 50th with friends at a potluck. It was great. There's something really special in celebrating with friends!

Joy said...

MORE?

I am so happy for you and Garry and your whole family as it seems some incredibly heavy weights are being lifted off of your shoulders.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving family ; )

Laura said...

SOOO happy! Congrats on the prospect of getting your little lego companion taken away!

Stacey said...

Wonderful news, Bev!