Monday, October 18, 2010

Kafkaesque

A few updates:

My on-again, off-again romance with the mortgage lenders of America is on again as I seem to have located a loan officer who thinks we might be worthy of trust. "Let's just ignore your husband's income," he said. "That'll make it easier on all of us." Of course he demanded more documents, more signatures, more data. Story of my life!

I've finished editing my paper for the November conference in Prague and I'm awaiting word on whether I'll have funding, which hasn't stopped me from thinking about packing for the trip. What sort of reading matter will get me through an all-night flight through three international airports? Kafka would be appropriate but I'd like to stay sane--at least until I've delivered my paper.

And our long hike in Hocking Hills last week left me feeling refreshed and invigorated but also stiff and sore. After a few more outings on our local hills, I've decided to blame my decrepit hiking shoes. But who has time to shop? I'm too busy rounding up documents.

No comments: