Monday, November 13, 2006

When "no" means "yes"

Yesterday's Columbus Dispatch included an article about a junior high school in Columbus that is trying to cure an outbreak of inappropriate touching among the students. One 14-year-old boy was quoted saying, "The girls say they don't like it, but they really do."

There, in a nutshell, you have every rapist's justification for his action. Where did a 14-year-old learn that a woman's "No" is just a flirty invitation? Let's hope the boy's parents saw his name in the paper and decided to give him a more complete education. If not, let's hope the girls at that school will soon learn how to deliver a well-placed kick.

1 comment:

Dr. Virago said...

Ugh! That's awful! Here's hoping their parents were outraged -- please!

(And btw, off topic, I responded to your comment at my blog. I hope I didn't offend! I reread my post and realized it sounded a little condescending when wide-eyed amazement was more of what I was going for.)