Thursday, June 21, 2012

How hot is it?

The gearshift lever on my car is melting. Every time I touch it, a big chunk of sticky black plasticky stuff falls off.

After spending an hour weeding in the front garden before 9 a.m., I feel as if I'm working under twenty feet of water and if I don't surface soon, I'll drown.

The air conditioning in my car occasionally sends a few wisps of cool air wafting my way just to tantalize me with what could be, and then it goes back to blowing moist, tepid air in my face.

I'm tempted to go to the mall for no good reason or to visit a movie theater and watch something perfectly wretched just so I can enjoy the air conditioning.


I know there are birds and butterflies cavorting about the milkweed in the upper meadow, but who can walk uphill in this heat? 

No comments: