Friday, February 12, 2016

Situation normal, if by "normal" you mean utterly impossible

Because I've worked three 14-hour days on campus this week,

and because I had so many back-to-back meetings yesterday that I got dehydrated from lack of a spare minute to take a drink,

and because I've attended seven meetings this week,

and because those seven meetings will seem like a very light load next week when I have either 12 or 13 meetings, depending on whether I can weasel my way out of one of them,

and because I have one set of drafts to read today and a set of papers to grade this weekend and two exams next week,

and because my inbox is bristling with righteous indignation over a minor snafu that is Totally Not My Fault,

and because I feel cold and tired and fat and cranky,

here is a picture of a wood stork.


I'm practicing that look. It will come in handy if anyone asks me to do anything outside my normal duties any time soon.

3 comments:

Contingent Cassandra said...

An excellent look to have in one's repertoire. Hope you are able to ignore/forget/wiggle out of at least a few of the meetings next week.

Rebecca said...

I will now be working on channeling my Inner Wood Stork.

Bev said...

Great! We could put together a Synchronized Wood-Stork Team and show that expression all over the place. What a wonderful world it would be...