Monday, October 27, 2014

Ooh big! Big weekend!

Big pumpkins!
If I played a recording of every word my granddaughter said over the weekend, you'd have a pretty good idea of how much fun we had: 

Read books! 

Ooh big! Big book!
 
Rocks! Ooh big!  Big rocks!

Pumpkin! Big pumpkin! 

Bounce bounce bounce! 

Kick! 

Step! 

Up up up!

Eat eat eat! 

Bounce bounce bounce!

Bath!

The bouncing and book-reading occurred on the couch but the kicking was an outdoor activity involving a huge pile of dry leaves. We hunted for pumpkins at a local farm and wandered through the corn maze, and we ate ate ate some great stuff. I always laugh a lot more when the little imp is present, which makes me wish I could take her to a few of my classes, where my students sit silent and unresponsive. 

Maybe I need to take my students out to jump in a pile of leaves....

No comments: