Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Snippets of everything

1. "I liked your latest blog post. I don't get to read it as often as I used to because of too much everything, but I read that one."

Thanks. I don't get to write as often as I used to because of too much everything.


2.  "You know what we need? We need a special faculty counselor we can talk to when we're wondering what's the point and whether it's all worthwhile."

Whether what's all worthwhile?

"You know--all this. Everything."

Too much everything.


3. "How was the meeting?"

Which one? I had three, or more if you include individual meetings with my Sports Lit guys, some of which were held in a dim office after the power went out.

"You had student conferences in the dark? Why not just cancel them?"

Because if we get behind on this project, I'll have to push the next deadline after four-day break and cut out a whole mess of poetry later on.

"That ought to make your students happy. After all, they can't read everything."

Why not? If I have to read so much everything, so should they. 

Hmmm...maybe it's time to call a moratorium on so much everything.
 

 

No comments: