Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring break breakdown

Last week I walked six miles in short sleeves, sweating profusely in 70-degree weather, but this morning I had to bundle up in boots, coat, and gloves to brush two inches of snow off my car.

Last week I spent my mornings writing and revising an academic essay, so focused that I forgot about lunch; today I'll dash from class to office to meeting to class without enough free time to focus on any one task for more than a few minutes.

Yep, still the cutest baby on the planet.
Last week I was sitting on the sofa when my adorable granddaughter toddled over, plopped her favorite book in my lap, and then held out her hands to be picked up and read to; today I'll hear students complaining because I expected them to read over Spring Break.

Last week I discussed literature, language, and life with a grad-school friend over a leisurely lunch, but today I'll sit alone in my basement office struggling to read committee-constructed prose while wolfing down whatever quick lunch I can rustle up in this culinary wasteland.

Spring Break is over. Back to the old grind!   


 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Such bright eyes and a truly excellent nose... Yes, the most beautiful baby on the planet.

Bev said...

Isn't she a doll? She gets this inquisitive look on her face that makes her look just like her dad.