Friday, September 13, 2013

Feelin' linky

Because it's the final day of my 63-hour week and there's really nothing left in the old brainpan:

Will you survive the alien invasion? (Don't skip the comments! You wouldn't want to make the Alien Commander angry!)

If the aliens don't get you, will you survive the fog invasion? Watch this incredibly beautiful and soothing time-lapse photography of fog rolling in. And if that sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry, you haven't had the kind of week I've had. Fog rolling in is just what the doctor ordered.

Shameless self-promotion: it took too much work and endless revision, but writing this article gave me a great deal of joy which I am happy to share with others. (You have to scroll down the page to "Thirteen Ways of Looking at an Essay: Nature Writing through Multiple Lenses" for a link to the pdf.)

If I lived in or near New York or had access to a private jet, you'd better believe I'd hie me on over to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to take a look at this exhibit of embroidered textiles from around the world.

And finally, I'll never get tired of John Hodgman's elegant response to the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Storytelling matters...but sometimes other things matter more.

No comments: