Thursday, August 09, 2012

Proliferating procrastination

I heart eggplant!
I have syllabi to write and students to advise and meetings to attend, so naturally I've spent half the week polishing my entry in the Washington Post humorous memoir contest (Deadline tomorrow! Don't be late!) and now I'm obsessing over Lingua Franca's grammar-and-usage limerick contest

And taking pictures of eggplants that look as if they're about to go lub-dub, lub-dub.

And hunting for butterflies that haven't had their wings clipped by voracious birds.

And puzzling over what to do with the hornet colony we thought we'd burned out of the meadow last summer. 

The proliferation of opportunities to procrastinate is a sure sign that real work is looming on the horizon and it's time to buckle down and get to it.

But first, I need to find a rhyme for "polysyndeton."





No comments: