Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Terrible twos

Number of hours I spent traveling from Ohio to Prague via West Virginia, Chicago, and Brussels: 22.

Number of minutes I spent trying to figure out how to turn on the lights in my very dark hotel room: 22. Okay, that's just a guess. It could have been 2 or 122 for all I know since there's no clock in the room. If there are any hidden cameras in this room, someone somewhere is getting a pretty big laugh.

Number of e-mails and phone calls I made last week to make sure I would be able to use my college credit card to pay for my lodging in Prague: 2.

Number of seconds it took for that same credit card to be rejected at the hotel: 2.

Number of times I went down to the front desk to first borrow an adapter so I can plug in my laptop and then return the adapter they loaned me because it didn't fit the outlet: 2.

Number of hours I'll need to sleep before any of this starts making sense: 22.

2 comments:

Bardiac said...

I hope the conference goes well!

Anonymous said...

The reason your credit card doesn't work is Prague has been moved, due to fog. You're actually in Minsk, which proposition can be tested as follows: are they playing classical adaptations of Glenn Miller's famous, "In the Minsk" over airport speakers?

D.