Tuesday, August 11, 2009

To sleep, perchance

What happens when you fall asleep on the sofa with a full glass of water in your hand--and then the phone rings right next to your ear?

Time to change your pants.

I blame the drugs. Anti-nausea drugs accompanying chemotherapy make the border between waking and sleep so thin that I can fall soundly asleep in the time it takes to move the glass from my lips to the table, except this time it never made it to the table.

But the chemotherapy went well: I had visits from two of my favorite people, a ride home from a wonderful colleague (although I didn't get to ride home in a convertible with the top down as I did on Friday, a very therapeutic experience!), and no bad reactions. Best of all, the blood tests indicated that the number of tumor markers (a toxic name, that) in my blood has been cut in half. So the treatment is working.

I'll be sleeping well tonight. In fact, I may be asleep before the end of this sen

4 comments:

Bardiac said...

Sleep well. Glad to hear the tumor marker news is good. :)

Joy said...

So did you pee or spill your water? Glad to know the night was otherwise discomfort-free

Quackademic said...

Yay for working treatment! This news has made my evening!

Jessica said...

I'm so happy to hear that treatment is going successfully!