Saturday, August 01, 2009

Got to love those exercise endorphins

I woke up this morning and felt no pain. This is good.

Yesterday I ventured into the rec center for the first time since my surgery just to see if I can still get up the steps. I can. I did a slow and easy light workout--a few weight machines, 10 minutes on the rowing machine, 10 minutes on the step machine--and felt great. I was concerned about whether my muscles might complain this morning, but I feel, as I've mentioned, no pain. This is very very good.

My oncologist tells me that eventually chemotherapy will weaken my immune system so that I'll need to avoid places where germs congregate, like locker rooms and exercise equipment shared by many sweating students. Right now, though, the rec center is empty and clean and ready to release in me those wonderful exercise endorphins. And this, as I've mentioned, is very very very good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very good indeed!

Bardiac said...

Indeed :)