Monday, August 17, 2009

Dietary dilemma

Under siege by The Side Effect That Dares Not Speak Its Name (TSETDNSIN), I have sought assistance in a book called Eating Well Through Cancer, which offers dietary suggestions and recipes for each stage of treatment.

Right now I have a garden bursting with all my favorite fresh veggies--tomatoes, hot peppers, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, cabbage, and onions--but do you know what this book wants me to eat?

Dry toast. Boiled pasta with no sauce. White bread. Bananas. Peanut butter.

No fresh fruits or veggies until TSETDNSIN subsides. No hot or spicy foods. No caffeine (which is a pain since TSETDNSIN keeps me up at night). Nothing I really like, in other words.

Rats.

Anyone need some cabbage?

2 comments:

Joy said...

The BRAT Diet, eh. Yuck! No fair. I hope this too passes.

The Hot Heads Groupie said...

Hope it soon becomes TSETDNMIPK (The Side Effect That Dares Not Make Its Presence Known)! Betsy