Friday, February 20, 2009

Dumb and dumber

The worst way to start the day is to grab a pile of student writing and immediately notice not one but two obvious cases of plagiarism right on top. Copying and pasting from Cliffs Notes? You just can't get any stupider than that. I hate to go to class angry but I have under an hour to calm down before I have to confront the charming young people who have ruined my day. Can I have a lifeline?

Update: One of the students e-mailed me to ask whether I could be "generous enough" to overlook his infraction. Great: now the issue is not his academic dishonesty but my generosity (or lack thereof). That puts things in a whole new light! Why didn't I realize earlier that it's not about the student at all! It's all about me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give it to 'em with both guns!