Thursday, September 27, 2007

Getting my feet wet

Rain all day and relentless gray clouds, but that's good! We need the rain! Brown lawns and dry creeks will be happy! But it was a bad day to wear the shoes with the holes in them, the only shoes that go with my favorite suit, which now fits me after languishing for three years in the "two small" section of the closet, which is good news, and the even better news is that I'm now making forays into the "WAY too small" section of the closet, which means I need new shoes, which is bad news, except the raise letters came out today and I'm getting more than I expected, which is good-ish news, especially since I need to go pick up the shiftless car, which has just had a used rack and pinion installed, which is good news, except that means I have to drive the car, which is off the charts on the "bad" end because that means I have to go outside in the rain with leaky shoes on and then work the stubborn clutch with wet feet.

Will somebody please send me the faculty helicopter?

1 comment:

Laura said...

I don't know mom, I'm quite enjoying the wet!