And in other news:
1. July is OVER! Classes start this month! How did that happen?
2. The wandering college chick comes home today after spending much of the summer as a counselor at a music camp in North Carolina. Can't wait to see her!
3. Her teeny-tiny baby brother turns 18 this Friday! When did we all get so old?
4. I lost so much time recovering from my recent bout with nasty infections (two for the price of one!) that I'm now pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't be able to complete the writing on the big research project before classes start. I've done the introductory section, but I still have a pile of research to finish before I can move on. But I have my working thesis and my controlling metaphor (and a wonderful metaphor it is if I do say so myself), so I'm well on the way.
5. Funny numbers came up on some recent blood tests and in combination with a previous round of funny numbers, the verdict is that I need to get my blood-sugar count down significantly in the next three months or start taking oral insulin. "Cut down on bread," suggested my doctor, "although that may be difficult in your house." She is a faithful customer of my husband's bread booth at the Farmers' Market.
6. I still haven't finished those other two syllabi or written the English department assessment report. I guess that's what I'll be doing for the next few weeks.
7. July is OVER! Where does the time go?