Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ta-ta to the traveler

This morning we all got up early to give one of the young men a proper send-off on a trip to Europe. I asked all the usual last-minute questions (passport? toothbrush? camera batteries?), but I'm surprisingly calm about letting my 16-year-old son fly off with a few high school teachers and a bunch of classmates. For one thing, I know he's a pro at finding his way around, and he's also the most cautious teenager on the planet; for another, I know he worked like a madman all last summer to earn money for this trip, and he's unlikely to do anything to negate all that effort. So I gave him a big hug and sent him on his way.

Now I wonder how soon I can check the tour web site for photos? He'd better be smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»